WHAT INFORMATION DOES HCTECH COLLECT FROM YOU?
Via the Site, HCTech collects Personal Information from you that falls into two main categories (i) personally identifiable information, and (ii) technical and other information.
- General Web Site Visitors. When you browse the Site, you do so anonymously; no personally identifiable information is collected.
- Contacting Us. The Site permits you to reach out to us via our Contact Us form. Whenever you send an email via the Contact Us form on the Site, you may be providing us with your first name, last name, email address and any information you choose to provide in the text of your message. For example, you may choose to provide your phone number, mailing address or other information necessary or helpful for us to address your query or concern.
- Employment. Further, the Site may allow you to submit information to HCTech regarding positions of employment with HCTech and/or to apply for employment positions with HCTech. In such event, you may provide us with your first name, last name, email address, phone number, the information contained in your resume, and/or additional information you choose to provide us about your employment history and/or other relevant information.
- Technical and Other Information. While you are browsing the Site, we automatically log your IP address (a number assigned to your computer when you use the Internet) and your activity while using the Site.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION USED?
- Our Use of Personal Information. We will only collect, retain and use your Personal Information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
(i) where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
(ii) where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you; or
(iii) where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We strive to maintain the accuracy of any Personal Information that may be collected from you, and will use our commercially reasonable efforts to respond promptly to update our database when you tell us the information in our database is not accurate. It is your responsibility to ensure that such information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you wish to make any changes to any Personal Information you have provided to us, you may do so at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have rights under data protection laws in relation to your Personal Information, including the right to:
(i) request access to your Personal Information;
(ii) request correction of your Personal Information;
(iii) request erasure of your Personal Information;
(iv) object to processing of your Personal Information;
(v) request restriction of your Personal Information;
(vi) request transfer of your Personal Information;
(vii) withdraw consent;
(viii) and the right to make a complaint at any time to the relevant supervisory authority in the European Union (being the Information Commissioner's Office in the UK).
To exercise any of your rights set out above, please contact us at email@example.com.
You may opt out of receiving materials or other communications from us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, 15 U.S.C. §§ 6501-06 and 16 C.F.R. §§ 312.1-312.12, we do not knowingly collect information from children. By using the Site, you represent that you are not under 13 years of age.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
HCTech may reference or provide links to third-party websites. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We are not responsible for the third-party websites and you should review the privacy policies posted on such sites. Please be aware that HCTech does not control, nor are we responsible for, the privacy policies or information practices of third parties or their websites.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Because security is important to both HCTech and you, we have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your Personal Information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your Personal Information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your Personal Information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your Personal Information for as long as reasonably necessary to provide our services or to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. This may include recording calls for regulatory or training purposes. We may retain your Personal Information for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
We share your Personal Information within the HC Technologies Group. This will involve transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to the US. We may also transfer your Personal Information to third parties located outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your Personal Information outside of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring the following safeguard is implemented:
(i) the transfer your Personal Information is to a country that has been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for Personal Information by the European Commission (the “EC”);
(ii) where we use certain service providers or where we transfer Personal Information to the HCTech Group, we may use specific contracts approved by the EC which give Personal Information the same protection it has in Europe; or
(iii) where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to Personal Information shared between Europe and the US.
HC Technologies, LLC
141 West Jackson, Suite 1801
Chicago, Illinois 60604
HC Technologies UK, LLP
Phone: +44 (0) 20 3196 4444